This post will be periodically updated with new recs.
Last updated: 10/30
It has been a long long time since a show has grabbed my attention the way Sherlock has, to the point that I’ve been completely neglecting, well, pretty much anything that is not Sherlock related. So I thought I’d just rec links related to this awesome little show that has pretty much just eaten my brain the past few weeks.
Probably anyone that is into Sherlock fandom knows these, but oh well…
- Fuck Yeah Sherlock – Tumblr blog! Awesome for picspams, videos, etc.
- SherlockBBC – extremely active, very awesome LJ comm for Sherlock. Obviously, there’s a ton of fanfic (slash, gen, cracky crossovers, what have you), but it’s also a great place for actual discussion and meta.
- CumberbatchFans – if in the past 3 or 4 weeks you have developed, like I have, the most ridiculous crush on Benedict Cumberbatch, then check out this comm.
- his name is better than yours – Tumblr dedicated to Benedict Cumberbatch. Because there can never be too much Cumberbatch.
- Fuck Yeah Martin Freeman – As the name suggests. Tumblr. Martin Freeman.
- Rupert Fucking Graves – Tumblr. Rupert Graves. :D/
Many of these are slash/pre-slash. ;D
(I should maybe mention that as far as I’m concerned, Sherlock is canonically asexual. This doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy slash, though).
The Thermodynamis series – by [ljuser]entangled_now[/ljuser]. This series is hands down my favorite Sherlock fic(s). It’s cute in exactly the way Sherlock fic should be cute: with a bit of awkwardness, matter of fact, very amusing; and also sexy in exactly the way Sherlock should be sexy, which includes acknowledges the fact that he’s most likely asexual, and works organically with that, and it ends up being integral to how delicious the whole thing is.
- The Second Law of Thermodynamics – In which there’s no heating and there’s a dead owl in Sherlock’s bed.
- The Art of Negotiation – In which an experiment has to be repeatable for the results to be valid.
- The Definition of Insanity – In which John tries to restore some semblance of order.
- The Rules – In which there are rules, and John breaks them.
- You’re a difficult equation – by [ljuser]folkhore[/ljuser]. Pre-slash. Short, and just really beautifully written.
John’s honing his own skills of observation; they’re all practiced watching Sherlock…watching Sherlock too closely.
- We. – by [ljuser]footshooter[/ljuser]. Post The Great Game, Sherlock POV.
- Wasted Daylight – by [ljuser]skuldydrabble[/ljuser]. Slash. Morning after fic, nothing graphic, but hints at what happened subtly and beautifully.
- any amount of sense (or: five times people thought john and sherlock were dating, and one time they didn’t.) – by [ljuser]preromantics[/ljuser]. Wherein John and Sherlock have been dating for a long time, almost as long as it takes to figure out that they are.
- Drowning Man – Some walk into the fire; others drown.
Harbor – Recovery doesn’t necessarily begin when they stitch you up.
by [ljuser]irisbleufic[/ljuser]. Slash. Post The Great Game.
- #3patchproblem – by [ljuser]nartthefart[/ljuser]. Sherlock discovers Twitter. The result is unholy.
- Five Times Sherlock Realised This Was Different and One Time He Admitted It – by [ljuser]starjenni[/ljuser]. John makes Sherlock’s life different. Just adorable. :D
- The Hour of Separation – by [ljuser]vegarin[/ljuser]. Post The Great Game.
- Pedestrian – by [ljuser]vegarin[/ljuser]. “Either he will waver at the sight of you, or he won’t. Which do you think it will be, John?” John. Moriarty. A missing scene for The Great Game.
- So Clear in Retrospect – anonymous fill for the prompt “Sherlock is great and figuring out other people… not so good at knowing himself”.
- Five Times Sherlock Hated Gladstone (and One Time Sherlock Thought Gladstone was a BAMF) – by [ljuser]katie821[/ljuser]
- From Irene – with love and E-numbers – by [ljuser]elapsedspiral[/ljuser] “She’s an ex-girlfriend?” “Oh no,” Sherlock said with evidence distaste, “Far better than that. An adversary.”
untouchable; john & sherlock – by starbrights90. I don’t anticipate embedding very many videos in here (and will put them behind a cut if I do embed any more!), but this one in particular is just beautiful.